Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hey, Let's Meet!

My sister-in-law Ashley from Living in the (Mom)ent decided to write "14 things you may not know about me" in honor of the new year, 2014.  It was hilarious and way fun, so I decided to join in.  I loved it because it isn't typical facts that you see everyday and since I'm new to the blogging community I thought it would be an interesting way to get to know me.  Join in by leaving facts about yourself in the comments or leaving a link to your blog, then hop over the Ashley's blog to see her fun facts.

1.  I bite the inside my lip.  I hate that I do it and most of the time don't realize I'm doing it until my husband points it out to me.  Usually its when I'm concentrating.

2.  I love love love going to the movies.  Its probably my favorite thing to do on date night.  I just love the atmosphere, the huge screen, the popcorn, everything!

3.  I hate clothes shopping for myself.  I know that's weird coming from a woman, but I really despise it.  I'm not fun to shop with either because I'll park outside the store I plan on shopping in (even at the mall), walk in, look around, and say "I don't see anything I like" and leave. Good times.

4.  I'm incredibly indecisive.  I would rather someone else make the decisions and I'll just make it happen.  You do NOT want to be with me at Office Depot!

5.  I love all things organization! Which is why you don't want to go to Office Depot with me.  The whole purpose of that store is to be organized so I'm like a kid in a candy store when I'm there.

6.  I love surprises!  I have always wanted a surprise birthday party! I get mad if my husband gives me a gift early, just wait until the day of please.  I have never tried to figure out my Christmas gifts or anything and I would get mad if someone ever gave me hints.

7.  I have the worst date memory in the world!!! I cannot retain dates to save my life.  If I don't write it down, you can bet I will forget every time.  I once forgot my mom's birthday that is a WEEK BEFORE MINE! Geez.  History was my worst subject in school because of this.  I always have a calendar with me, its sad really.

8.  I love the smell of lumber, libraries, freshly cut grass, and gasoline in the summer (I know that sounds weird but it reminds my of jet skis and the lake.)

9.  I think I have ran fever a whole 4 times in my life.  I NEVER run fever, I really have to be dying to have a temperature over 99.5.

10.  I wore a toe ring for 12 years! That has to be some sort of record.  I literally just took it off last week because it was finally starting to bother me, and surprisingly, my toe looks rather normal.

11.  I'm a cereal killer, I mean I can put down some cereal!  I think its because I love milk so much.  Between my son and I, we go through two gallons a week.

12.  I have more bobby pins than any human probably should.  I like to do hair and try out different hairdos so it seems like I buy a new thing of bobby pins every time I go to the store.

13.  I am not a good cook.  I wouldn't go as far to say I'm terrible, I obviously keep my family alive, but I'm not very good.  I make the same thing a lot of the time, I'm not good at "winging it", which leads me to #14...

14.  I don't like to cook.  Yes, that's different from not being a good cook.  Cooking stresses me out, I'd rather just clean it up than have to cook it.  On the flip side, I love to bake.  I can make pretty much anything with a can of biscuits.  Baking is comforting and therapeutic to me.

Well I hope you found out some new things about me, this was fun!

See you soon,
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you made this list!! It's so much fun :)

    We are not the same about surprises...but I love organization too! I'm not great at staying organized but I love buying all of the stuff to try lol. And I love, love, love the movies!!

    ReplyDelete